- Improved drive_pts logic in play-by-play data.
- Fixed an issue that occasionally made the
cfbd_game_team_stats()function return data in a long format
- Minor documentation and test updates
CRAN release: 2022-06-13
- All functions now default to return tibbles.
- Added S3 method to print outputs with data info and retrieval timestamps. Thank you to Tan Ho (@tanho36) for the idea.
- Updated function
cfbd_pbp_data()to account for additional timeout cases (namely, kickoffs/extra point attempts).
CRAN release: 2021-10-27
- Changed options to revert to old options on exit of function.
- Removed check_github functions.
- Switched package urls in README and DESCRIPTION files to https://
- Removed source urls from many package documentation entries.
- Updated a test to skip on CRAN
- Removed calculated columns from
cfbd_stats_season_team()that were not behaving correctly
- Fixed bug where
cfbd_team_info()was ignored. It is now possible to get the team info for all the colleges in the API instead of only FBS schools.
- Removed default year from
cfbd_metrics_ppa_players_seasonnow require one of
yearto be specified
Added ID linking to
Added headshot_url to outputs of
Renamed returns in
Completed documentation for all returns except
Continued work on intro vignette
All functions sourced from the College Football Data API will start with
cfbd_as opposed to
cfb_(as in cfbscrapR). One additional
cfbd_function has been added that corresponds to the result when
cfbd_pbp_data()has the parameter
epa_wpa=FALSE. It has now been separated into its own function for clarity
cfbd_plays(). The parameter and functionality still exists in
cfbd_pbp_data()but we expect this function will still exist but made obsolete in favor of a function more closely matching
nflfastR’s naming conventions.
Data generated from any of the
cfbfastRmethods will use
The CollegeFootballData API now requires an API key, here’s a quick run-down:
To get an API key, follow the directions here: College Football Data Key Registration.
Using the key: You can save the key for consistent usage by adding
CFBD_API_KEY=XXXX-YOUR-API-KEY-HERE-XXXXXto your .Renviron file (easily accessed via
usethis::edit_r_environ(), a new script will pop open named
.Renviron, THEN paste the following in the new script that pops up (without quotations)
CFBD_API_KEY = XXXX-YOUR-API-KEY-HERE-XXXXX
Save the script and restart your RStudio session, by clicking
Session (in between
Build) and click
Restart R (n.b. there also exists the shortcut
Ctrl + Shift + F10 to restart your session). If set correctly, from then on you should be able to use any of the
cfbd_ functions without any other changes.
- For less consistent usage: At the beginning of every session or within an R environment, save your API key as the environment variable
CFBD_API_KEY(with quotations) using a command like the following.
Sys.setenv(CFBD_API_KEY = "XXXX-YOUR-API-KEY-HERE-XXXXX")
- Added API Key methods. If you forget to set your environment variable, functions will give you a warning and ask for one.